Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Campfires, Sunsets, and Jesus

So the view right now is... immaculate!! I can't even begin to describe the blend of colors, reflection on the water, horses grazing in the field, mountains in the distance, the sun gently gliding down behind them... AHH IT IS BEAUTIFUL!!!
God has been so so so faithful this past week =). Ya know when he reminded me that he will provide me with what I need and when I needed it? Warm Beach Camp. For this week, I am at Warm Beach Camp a little ways away from SAMBICA with 14 other people from camp working with campers with special needs.
I needed rest... we had saturday, sunday, monday, and all nights off.
I needed girls that I could connect with... 13 girls from SAMBICA came and we have had a beautiful chance to get to know each other, have heart to heart talks, be crazy and real with each other, and establish incredible friendships.
I needed to take time to appreciate more of God's beauty... every sunset is absolutely breathtaking and draws me closer to him.
I needed to live out more of my passions and be reminded of the way God has wired me... I get to hang out with a guy with autism all week and remember that God has put a soft spot in m heart for his children with special needs. I never want to neglect that passion.
Seriously, he has just given me so many opportunities to rest in him!
We've also just had and uber amount of fun singing ridiculous camp songs (such as one about a hot dog man in front of a bunch of people that we didn't know at a family camp- the most ridiculous song EVER) and learning about each others' quirks. Smore's are always a camp plus along with getting really dirty all the time and smelling like campfire. whoop.
I am super excited to get back to SAMBICA to see the rest of staff again and to pour into the kids from that area!! It's like my home in Washington and I'm ready to return =).

No comments: