Saturday, August 16, 2008

it's been sooo long

so here's the deal- i am the worst blogger EVER and have not kept up with this at all!
I don't even know if i want to attempt to capture life since the last entry...
day camp with 5th grade girls- crazy, challenging
residential camp with 9th grade girls- absolutely amazing and had the opportunity to pour a ton of life experience into them, they are incredible girls!!!
adventure camp with 10th graders (& JIF)!!!- more challenging than the last one, but great bonding with Julia, and the YD staff
day camp with 1st grade girls- so fun, all they wanted to do was hold my hand and tell me whatever they were thinking
office aid- sooo much fun! amazing conversations/ learned so much about the Lord/ bonding with new people... more on that week later
adventure camp again- beautiful, peaceful, so much fun

Other occurrences...
*there are like 10 people left... everyone went home and that has been incredibly difficult
*Julia and I raced to see who could eat peanut butter the fastest out of Rusty's armpits
*sisterhood of the traveling pants 2 with the girls
*hiking at Mt. Si- sooo beautiful
*every night is a sleepover
*God has been answering prayer like there is no tomorrow!
*God spoke to Al and I through a 12 year old... i will eventually write an entire blog about it
*i officially have a chaco tan- ugh

So I don't know how I feel about returning home. Part of me is SO excited to see everyone and catch up on the real world and what's been going on. However, the other part of me feels sick whenever I think about leaving. This summer has been beautiful and amazing! God has shown up over and over and over again and I hate the thought of being separated from the other people who experienced that with me. It's been such an incredible community of believers who are willing to grow and be molded by the Lord! well that's all I feel like typing about right now...

No comments: